Business

DRB-Hicom to come up with new business plan for Proton next month

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 16 — DRB-HICOM Bhd will come up with a new business plan for Proton Holdings Bhd next month, said its chief operating officer Datuk Seri Che Khalib Mohamad Noh.

He, however, declined to share details of the plan.

“Everybody is waiting to see what DRB-HICOM plans to do with Proton. We are working on a plan now and hope to come up with it by next month,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the MICPA-Bursa Malaysia Forum 2012 here today.

Che Khalib said as the automotive market was very competitive, there is the need to produce a car that is wanted by it and at a competitive price.

“That is what we are working at now.”

He said DRB-HICOM not only needs to deal with Proton’s workers, but also the whole ecosystem of the company.

DRB-Hicom managing director Datuk Seri Mohd Khamil Jamil recently said at the group’s annual general meeting that the conglomerate plans to introduce a foreign partner to Proton.

DRB-Hicom bought a 42.7 per cent stake in Proton from Khazanah Nasional Bhd for RM1.29 billion in January this year.

It has raised the domestic sales target for the national car maker to 200,000 units for the current financial year ending March 31, 2013, from 167,000 previously. —  Bernama

 

Comments

Please refrain from nicknames or comments of a racist, sexist, personal, vulgar or derogatory nature, or you may risk being blocked from commenting in our website . We encourage commenters to use their real names as their username. As comments are moderated, they may not appear immediately or even on the same day you posted them. We also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments