Valentine’s Day ideas for singletons
Well, how about turning the tables on this most romantic of days and celebrate a different kind of love?
Here are some fun ideas to try out on February 14:
1. Pamper yourself with a massage, facial, some retail therapy or a fabulous meal? Who says you have to wait for somebody else to pamper you? Sometimes, spending some “me-time” is what you totally need.
2. Spend time with your family. Valentine’s Day is a good time to appreciate your family. Have a cuppa with your grandmother or watch football with your father. It may sound like the simplest thing to do but it is the quality time of bonding that counts.
3. Organise a group activity or a party with your single friends. It could be an all-guys’ or all-girls’ night or a mix of both genders. Whichever it is, celebrate the love of friendship because you care for each other and enjoy the great company.
4. Walk your dog, give a treat to your cat or add more decorations to your aquarium for your fish. Sometimes, spending time with animals is therapeutic. If you don’t own a pet but you love animals, you can visit the zoo or go to a pet shop.
5. Do charity. Receiving love is easy but giving love takes compassion. Since Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love, why not show your love to those who need it the most. Visit an orphanage or old folks’ home. If you want to extend your love beyond that, help out in a soup kitchen or volunteer at an animal shelter.