After Nayati kidnap, Cabinet orders more security for schools
SERDANG, June 10 — More security personnel will be present in schools especially during student arrival and departure, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein today.
This was decided at the Cabinet meeting last week following the kidnapping of Nayati Shamelin Moodliar, 12, on April 27.
“We will try to rope in volunteer organisations including Rela because I believe their presence will change the negative perception that contradicts the declining crime rate,” he told reporters after launching a “Skuad Muda” gathering at Malaysia Agriculture Exhibition Park Serdang (Maeps) here today.
The co-operation of parents, Parent Teacher Associations (PTA) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) were also required to achieve the goal.
Hishammuddin added the video recording of Bersih rally on April 28 would be released to the public after submission to the Independent Advisory Panel.
The panel was also given the freedom to pick candidates to succeed two members who withdrew.
Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak Tan Sri Steve Shim withdrew for health reason while Petronas corporate affairs senior general manager Datuk Mohammad Medan Abdullah withdrew due to workload. — Bernama