Malaysia

Contractor chokes on denture, dies

GEORGE TOWN, March 7 – A contractor who was asleep, died after he choked on his denture at his house in Farlim, Air Itam here at about 2am today.

The victim, Choo Hock Meng, 44, is believed to have choked on his denture when it became dislodged because of coughing and got stuck in the throat.

According to sources, the victim’s wife, Wu Huiling, 42, heard her husband gasping for breath and found his face had turn blue.

The victim, who was confirmed dead by the time the ambulance arrived at his house, was sent to Penang Hospital for a post-mortem.

Meanwhile, Penang Northeast District deputy police chief Supt Ismail Idris confirmed the incident when contacted.

“A post-mortem found no elements of crime involved and the case has been classified as sudden death,” he said. – Bernama

Comments

Please note that you must sign up with disqus.com before commenting. And, please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, personal, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. As comments are moderated, they may not appear immediately or even on the same day you posted them. We also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments