PNB to announce first company to be disposed of
KUALA LUMPUR, May 31 — Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) will announce the first of its five non-core companies that will be disposed of any time now, says president and group chief executive Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman.
He said PNB, on its part, had identified the five companies involved and the disposal of these companies will also include companies under the PNB stable of subsidiaries.
“The announcement of the companies will be made in stages, and in the near future, we will first advertise one company for interested parties who are involved in similar activities,” he said.
“We want the disposal to be done in a transparent and planned manner and this process will also involve the agreement from the government,” he told reporters after the launch of a top-up service for Amanah Saham Nasional units via affinOnline.com here today.
Hamad Kama Piah said an independent committee would also be established to discuss and identify the parties and companies that have the potential to acquire the stakes in the five companies.
He was confident the sale of the five non-core companies will not affect the overall portfolio of PNB.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced last month that 10 companies, five each under PNB and Khazanah Nasional Bhd, would be disposed of.
According to the prime minister, who is also finance minister, the disposal was to enable all the companies to be handed back to Bumiputera companies through open tenders. — Bernama