PUTRAJAYA, Jan 11 — Thirteen items have been placed under the Price Control Scheme for Chinese New Year, Bernama Online reported this evening.
Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob told the news portal the scheme will be in effect from January 19-30.
The items and their respective ceiling prices are as follows:
1. Live chicken: RM5.90 per kilogramme;
2. Standard chicken: RM7 per kilogramme;
3. Super chicken: RM7.80 per kilogramme;
4. Grade A chicken egg: 36 sen;
5. Grade B chicken egg: 35 sen;
6. Grade C chicken egg: 34 sen;
7. Round cabbage (from Indonesia and China, excluding Beijing cabbage): RM3.50 per kilogramme;
8. Garlic from China: RM5 per kilogramme;
9. White pomfret: RM38 per kilogramme;
10. White shrimp: RM35 per kilogramme;
11. Live pig (only at farm level) and pig intestine: RM20 per kilogramme; and
12. Pork and lard: RM15 per kilogramme
Ismail also announced that the ceiling price of the 13 items in Sabah and Sarawak would be 10 per cent higher than in the peninsular.
It will also be compulsory for traders to use a pink price tag to differentiate the controlled items from other goods, he added.
A total of 1,941 enforcement officers and 1,314 price monitoring officers will be deployed in 146 areas/districts nationwide in addition to authorised village headmen.
Ismail said those who wish to lodge a complaint may do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org; calling 1-800-886-800 (toll-free); texting 15888 and typing “KPDNKK ADUAN”; or in person at the ministry’s offices nationwide.