JOHOR BARU, May 3 — Five members of a family were found dead inside a car at an air-conditioning repair workshop in Pasir Gudang last night.
The dead were the father, 32, mother, 34, and their three children aged between four and 11. They were believed to have died after inhaling carbon monoxide emitted from the car for the past 48 hours, according to a Bernama report.
Police had received a report from the public of a strong smell coming from inside the workshop at about 7.10pm yesterday.
“We carried out an investigation and found a Proton Iswara Aeroback car parked inside the workshop with its engine still running and upon further inspection found a dead man on the driver’s seat.
“By his side was a woman holding a four-year-old baby while the bodies of a nine-year-old girl and a 11-year-old boy were found in the back seat,” Seri Alam police chief Supt Roslan Zainuddin was quoted as saying last night.
According to the Bernama report, police have classified the case as sudden death and ruled out any criminal act since there were no stab marks or signs of struggle.
However, police would continue investigations to determine the motive for the deaths.