Travel website Expedia has unveiled its list of the top 650 hotels worldwide ranked according to overall customer service.
To determine which hotels made it into the Insider's Select 2013 ranking, Expedia started by looking at customer ratings for the hotels listed on its site.
An additional evaluation carried out by Expedia staff served to confirm the level of service.
This prestigious list recognises exceptional customer service and attractive value for money.
Last year, Expedia established a customer rating system preventing fraudulent reviews and ratings. By appealing to travellers upon their return from a vacation, the site collects ratings only from travellers who actually stayed in the hotel in question.
The World's Top 10 Hotels according to the Insider's Select 2013:
1. One&Only Palmilla Resort (5 stars, San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico)
2. Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort (4.5 stars, Quepos, Costa Rica)
3. Marrol's Boutique Hotel (5 stars, Bratislava, Slovakia)
4. Banyan Tree Mayakoba (5 stars, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico)
5. Hotel d'Europe (5 stars, Avignon, France)
6. CapellaIxtapa Resort & Spa (5 stars, Ixtapa, Mexico)
7. Welk Resort Sirena del Mar (4 stars, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)
8. Casa Velas Hotel Boutique & Beach Club (4.5 stars, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico)
9. The Knight Residence (5 stars, Edinburgh, Scotland)
10. The Leela Palace Bangalore (5 stars, Bengaluru, India). - AFP/Relaxnews, July 18, 2013.